Whitetail Deer Hunt Details
Merkel's Camp Whitetail Deer Hunt includes:
• Extensive pre-scouting and orientation
• Assistance with retrieval and skinning of deer
Not Included in theDeer Hunt:
• Export Fee, Hunting Licence
• Accommodations (not included in hunt $)
• Transportation to and from private/crown land
• Meals (Meal Plan available upon request)
Open rates in Adobe .pdf for printing
• A deposit of $500.00 is required 15 days after booking
• An additional $500.00 is required 60 days prior to hunt
• All hunts are Saturday to Friday.
Whitetail Deer Hunting Dates:
• Please contact us for exact hunting dates.
• All hunts end December 15.
• Archery starts at the end of September
• Muzzleloader starts mid-October
• Rifle starts near the end of October.
What to Bring for your Deer Hunting Trip:
• A new or old state hunting license so you can get an Ontario license
• Good warm layered clothing. Hunting in Northwestern Ontario can expose you to a wide variety of weather conditions and temperatures. Hunters must be prepared for extreme cold to seasonably mild temperatures.
• Hunter orange vest or coat and hat is required - has to be solid orange, camo pattern does not qualify
a .270 or larger caliber rifle
a 40lb+ bow.
• Any calls, rattles or scent eliminators etc.
• Trigger lock and or a secure case for storing firearms.
• Soft rifle case or gun sock for transporting firearms outside of legal hunting times.
• Personal medications and toiletries
• Food and beverages if not taking the meal plan hunt
• ATV if you have one but are not mandatory
• Good warm boots
• Walkie Talkies are useful
• Food & Drink
Please click here to download .pdf reader
Ontario Hunting Regulations:
Visit the MNR website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca
for hunting regulations.
Should you have any general questions pertaining to the hunting regulations summary please contact the Natural Resource Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 or
by emailing email@example.com
Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.
Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms
are available by emailing
, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or
1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information
Please Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.